Mastery of the ‘soft skills’ side of being an employee, manager, and team member in an organization is essential as the average modern workplace now covers five generations and over a dozen different nationalities and cultural practices. Combine that with personalities, learning styles, life experiences, gender differences, socioeconomic differences and language varieties, education and working together effectively has become a much more challenging proposition and it does not have to be!
This practicum focuses on the eight essential elements that make up the typical individual and how to adapt your style at work based on the “avatar” of the people and organization you are responsible for working with. Content is presented as actionable practices to master such that attendees are empowered to apply these skills immediately in any workplace situation.
• What makes us human – making the complex simple
• The psychology of teams – past, present, and the new future
• The psychology of personality archetypes that you will meet in the workplace
• Does gender really matter in the workplace on how you work with someone?
• The impact of our identify and personality on our working style and team/project management effectiveness
• Culture and nationalities – how can we effectively address individuals, especially when we do not understand their culture (the unknown)
• Dealing with language barriers
• Socioeconomics and the success or failure of individual interactions based on that background
• Leveling the playing field on a team – consistency amongst diversity
• Do you hear and understand what I am saying? Overcoming communication barriers caused by learning styles differences
• Five generations who all think the others are wrong – what is a team member to consistently bridge the gap in ANY team scenario